1. We are an EQUAL OPPORTUNITY housing provider. We fully comply with the federal FAIR HOUSING ACT. We do not discriminate against any person because of race, color, religion, sex, handicap, familial status, or national origin. We also comply with all state and local fair housing laws.
2. Occupancy guide lines. To prevent overcrowding and undue stress on plumbing and other building systems, we restrict the number of people who may reside in an apartment/house. In determining these restrictions, we adhere to all applicable fair housing laws
3. Application process. We evaluate every application in the following manner. Each adult (18yrs and older) must submit a RENTAL APPLICATION and answer ALL question on the form. Each ADULT must PAY a $39 dollar Non-Refundable Application Fee. We will check your credit report, criminal history, employment references and rental references to confirm that they meet our rental criteria. If you meet our criteria, we will approve your application and notify you of its approval. This process takes one to three days. In the event of multiple applicants, we will rent the available property to the first applicant that meets our criteria and can occupy it the soonest. Applications will be reviewed in the order received.
Additional Information Required.
Before an application will be processed you must deliver all application fees. Prior to formal approval of the
application you must deliver the following:
A. If self-employed, Two most recent months Bank Statements.
B. If self-employed, a copy of at least two years tax returns.
4. Rental Criteria. To qualify for a property you must meet the following:
a. Income. Your monthly income must be at least 3 times the monthly rent. If source of income being used to
qualify is not from employment, you must provide proof of a source of income. Roommates must qualify individually.
b. Rental History. You must have satisfactory unbiased rental references from at least one year immediately preceding
the date of your application. It is your responsibility to provide us with the information necessary to contact
your past landlords. We reserve the right to deny your application if, after making a good faith effort, we are
unable to verify your rental history. Homeowners must show timely mortgage payments history, verification of proper
maintenance and proof of ownership. If you have ever been evicted or sued for any lease violation, we will reject
your application.Your application will be turned down if a previous landlord reports significant complaint levels
c. Credit History. Your credit record must currently be satisfactory. Bankruptcy does NOT automatically reject your
d. Criminal History. If you have been convicted of a felony or a misdemeanor that would be considered a serious
threat to real property or violence, including but not limited to manufacture or distribution of controlled
substances, within the past ten years, we will reject your application. Criminal background checks are conducted
as part of the application process.
e. Guarantor. If you do not meet one or more of the above criteria, you may be able to qualify for the property if
you can get a third party to guarantee your lease. The guarantor must pass the same application and screening
process that you must pass. Except we will deduct the guarantors own housing costs before applying his or her
income to our income standard.
f. Deposits. Advertised deposits are available if you have good credit, required income and acceptable references.
West Property Management LLC reserves the right to require additional deposit monies if one or more of the criteria
is not met.
5. Housing Subsidies. West Property Management LLC welcomes Housing Authority / Section 8 contracts.
6. False Information Is Grounds For Denial. You will be denied rental if you misrepresent any information on the application. If misrepresentations are found after the rental/lease agreement is signed, your rental/lease agreement will be terminated.
7. Rental Agreement. If you are accepted, you will be required to sign a rental agreement in which you will agree to abide by the rules of the rental unit or complex and /or neighborhood. A complete copy of our rental /lease agreement is available for any prospective resident to review. Please note that your rental agreement will:
a. Require you to report any maintenance problems that occur during you tenancy. Failure to notify management can
result in you being held responsible for any damages.
b. Require you to prevent all household members, guests and visitors from engaging in any lease violation behaviors.
c. Forbid you, any member of your household, or your guests, from engaging in illegal drug use, sale, manufacture,
distribution, or other criminal activity on or about the property.
d. Limit your ability to allow guests to stay for long periods without the advance permission of the landlord.
e. Provide that serious or repeated violations of the lease requirements on these items, or any other item addressed
by the rental/lease agreement will result in termination of your rental/lease agreement.
Please read the entire agreement carefully, as we take each part of the rental agreement seriously. The agreement
has been written to help us prevent illegal activity from disturbing the peace of our rental units and to help make
sure that our tenants are given the best housing we can provide.
8. Pet Policies. If pets are negotiable at the subject property, you will be asked to sign a separate Pet Lease Addendum that contains our restrictions relating to pets. A complete copy of our Pet Lease Addendum is available for review. IF you are accepted, you may be required to pay an additional security deposit that is refundable at the conclusion of the tenancy. A monthly rent premium of may also be charged.
I authorize West Property Management, the landlord or any of its agents to obtain a consumer credit report including but not limited to credit history, criminal record history, eviction record history, and sex offender registry in conjunction with my application for residency at any location under their management. Furthermore, I authorize the release of information from all current and/or previous landlords, employers and/or bank representatives. The screening process is designed for meting qualification standards. All material and information compiled is strictly confidential and will not be shared with any other party.