Thank you for considering Rentals America for your housing needs. We represent homeowners who have entrusted us to care for their properties. The decision to approve your application is entirely up to the Landlord of the property for which you are applying. We ask that you carefully review the following information:
1. Complete Application Form: The form must be completely filled out before it can be processed. Missing information will result in delays. All occupants 18 years of age or older must complete an application, pay the application fee and are required to be on the lease as a resident.
2. Application Fee: The application fee is $45 per applicant and is non-refundable once background checks have been performed. You may pay by credit card once you've completed this online application.
3. Income: Income must be at least three times the monthly rent amount. Married couples and residents over 18 may combine income. Three recent paystubs are required to verify income. If self employed or retired, we will require two recent bank statements. These documents may be faxed to 480-374-5506 or emailed to Leasing@RentalsAmerica.com. Please reference the property for which you are applying when sending these documents.
*Someone who does not meet the income requirement (such as a student) will require a co-signer. The co-signer must meet all qualifying criteria.
4. Photo ID: All applicants must provide a legible copy of their driver's license or other approved photo ID. These documents may be faxed to 480-374-5506 or emailed to Leasing@RentalsAmerica.com. Please reference the property for which you are applying when sending these documents.
5. Rental History: Your previous residences must be free of evictions, judgments or unpaid rent. Owning your previous residence can take place of rental history. Previous occupancy must be verifiable.
6. Credit and Background: All occupants 18 years of age or older must complete an application. A credit, background and criminal history report will be processed for each applicant.
Credit: Credit score will be considered and a cosigner or alternative credit may be required in certain circumstances. Please note that having a cosigner does not guarantee approval. Applicants with a credit score below minimum requirements will be declined.
Criminal History: An applicant will be automatically declined for the following:
1. Any felony conviction less than 10 years old.
2. Any felony conviction, where the date of sentence completion or parole completion, is less than 7 years old.
3. Evidence of multiple felony convictions.
4. Any offense requiring registration as a sex offender.
*Applicant may be required to provide documentation showing date of sentence completion or parole completion.
7. Occupancy: The number of occupants may not exceed 2 persons per bedroom.
8. Pets: Policies on pets vary according to the home (please call to verify). However, we do not permit the following breeds of dogs: Akita, Belgian Malanois, German Sheppard, Doberman, American Bull Dog, Pit Bull, Staffordshire Terrier, Rottweiler, Chow, Mastiff or Wolf Hybrid. Puppies and kittens are not allowed; pets must be at least 1 year old. Exotic animals, including but not limited to: rabbits, rodents and reptiles, are not permitted. Pet policies are strictly enforced. Pet deposits are required and will be held until termination of the lease and evidence that there are no damages of any kind to the property or common areas.
9. Automatic Decline: Applicants will be automatically declined for the following: open bankruptcy, prior eviction, judgments, collections, unpaid rent, invalid SSN, falsified application, felony conviction (see Credit and Background section), or failure to pay application fee.
10. Application Approval: Depending on the timely response of references, your application will be processed within 1-2 business days. Prospective tenants are accepting property in "as is" condition. Once approved, all deposits must be paid and a lease agreement signed within 48 hours of approval.