The undersigned applicant declares that the information contained in this Rental Application is true, complete and correct, and understands that any false statements or representation identified herein may result in rejection, without further notice, of this and any other applications for tenancy in housing managed by EDGE Asset Management. The undersigned specifically authorizes and directs any and all persons or entities named by Applicant herein to receive, provide, and exchange with EDGE Asset Management, its principals, agents and employees, any information pertaining to me, including but not limited to confidential information pertaining to my credit and payment history. I hereby waive my right of action now or hereafter accruing against any person or entity as a consequence of the release or exchange of such confidential information. By checking that box that denotes my acceptance of these terms and conditions, I authorize the investigation and release of my confidential credit report to EDGE Asset Management, its principals and/or the owner(s) of any property I am applying to occupy.
I further understand and agree that EDGE Asset Management will rely upon this Rental Application as an inducement for entering into a rental agreement or lease of real property and I warrant that the facts, matters and information contained in this Application are true, complete and correct to the best of my knowledge and belief. If any facts subsequently prove to be untrue or inaccurate in the sole discretion and determination of EDGE Asset Management, EDGE Asset Management may terminate my tenancy immediately and collect from me any damages incurred, including reasonable attorney's fees resulting therefrom. The Rental Application and Third Party Guaranty are an integral part of the rental agreement and will be used in conjunction with all legally binding documents and/or agreements. After executing a rental agreement or lease with EDGE Asset Management, I understand that I am responsible for reporting any changes in the personal information contained herein, including but not limited to change of name, phone number(s), financial and employment information within 48 hours.
I understand that EDGE Asset management reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to report to national credit reporting agencies my failure to fulfill any of the terms of any rental agreement subsequently executed by me, including any amendments, renewals or extensions thereof. Subsequent consumer credit reports may be obtained and utilized under this authorization in connection with any update, renewal, modification, or extension of any Rental Agreement including any amendments thereto or regarding any collection matter pertaining to, arising from or in conjunction with, the rental or lease of a residence for which application is made.
Beginning at the time that I tender a deposit for a property which I intend to lease, and EDGE Asset Management accepts such deposit, I agree to lease the property according to the terms and conditions of the lease agreement for that property, although at the time a written lease may not be signed. The starting date for occupancy of the property will be the first day the property is made available for lease or an agreed upon date if different from that date. I agree that the lease agreement shall be in full force and effect from the time that my deposit is accepted, even if the initial occupancy date is after that the deposit is accepted. I understand that my application fee is non-refundable unless EDGE Asset Management unless one of its principals choose at their discretion to refund it to me.
I agree to not do any charge-backs or pursue any course of legal action against EDGE Asset Management or any of its principals, agents or employees with regards to the creating, completion, payment, processing, or reporting of my Tenant Application.
EDGE Asset Management welcomes all applicants and supports the precepts of equal access and Fair Housing. EDGE Asset Management will not refuse access to any housing, accommodations, or other interest in property or otherwise discriminate against an applicant on the basis of age, sex, race, religion, marital/familial status, physical or mental handicap, color, creed, ethnicity, national origin or sexual orientation.
Below is EDGE Asset Management's Tenant Selection Criteria. I agree to pay the application fee and agree to the terms and conditions set forth and further agree that EDGE Asset Management shall approval or reject my application for rent based on the following 13 criteria listed below.
1. All Adult applicants 18 or older must submit a fully completed, dated and signed residency application and fee. Applicant must provide proof of identity through a state issued or federally issued identification card. A Nonrefundable application fee will be required for all adult applicants. Applicant may be required to be approved by a condo/homeowner's association and may have to pay an additional application fee or an additional security or damage deposit.
2. Applicants must have a combined gross income of at least three times the monthly rent. We reserve the right to require a cosigner. A minimum of two years residential rental history is required.
3. Credit history and or Civil Court Records must not contain slow pays, judgments, eviction filing, collections, liens or bankruptcy within the past 5 years.
4. Self-employed applicants may be required to produce upon request 2 years of tax returns or 1099s and non-employed individuals must provide verifiable proof of income.
5. All sources of other income must be verifiable if needed to qualify for a rental unit.
6. Criminal records must contain no convictions for felonies within the past seven years and no sexual offenses ever. In the event a record comes back "adjudication withheld" further documentation may be required and applicant may be denied on this basis.
7. Previous rental history reports from landlords must reflect timely payment, sufficient notice of intent to vacate, no complaints regarding noise, disturbances or illegal activities, no unpaid NSF checks, and no damage to unit or failure to leave the property clean and without damage at time of lease termination.
8. No pets (with the exception service animals) of any kind are permitted without specific written permission of landlord in the lease document, an addendum to lease, a non-refundable pet fee acceptable to landlord and/or an additional pet deposit or additional security deposit. Fees and deposits are waived for medically necessary pets.
9. Applicants will be required to pay a security deposit at the time of lease execution in a minimum amount of rent greater than or equal to two months. We reserve the right to require a higher security deposit and or additional prepaid rent. A deposit will be charged to the Resident(s) at time of leasing the property. It will be used at the end of your lease term to cover any needed cleaning, carpet cleaning, rekeying, and unpaid amounts of lease fulfillment. Other mandatory minimum fees for cleaning, carpet cleaning, rekeying etc. may be charged as per the lease. Resident(s) shall still be liable for amounts for damages, cleaning, re-keying etc. that exceed this required deposit.
10. The number of occupants must be in compliance with HUD standards/guidelines for the applied for unit.
11. We may require a holding or good faith deposit to be collected to hold a property off the market. In the event the application is approved and applicant fails to enter into a lease, the applicant shall forfeit this deposit. In the event the application is approved, this deposit shall be applied to the required security deposit.
12. Any exceptions to the criteria set forth by EDGE Asset Management will need to be submitted in writing to the rental agent for presentation to the landlord for consideration. If approval is then given for such exceptions, additional security, cosigners, and/or additional advance rent payments may be required.
13. Our company policy is to report all non-compliances with terms of your rental agreement or failure to pay rent, or any amounts owed to the credit bureau.
NOTICE OF THE CONTRACTUAL RELATIONSHIP BETWEEN THE PROPERTY OWNER AND EDGE ASSET MANAGEMENT: EDGE Asset Management is the sole and exclusive agent of the Owner(s) of the properties listed and represents the property Owner(s) interest in any and all transactions related to the rent or lease of said property.